Does SPC Software Help a Company Continuously Improve Its Processes?
Summary: With the Synergy Product Suite companies of all sizes can actively improve their processes.
February 17, 2014 | Articles, Resources
In today’s economy, companies must continually strive to improve its processes. How does SPC Software help? The following are 10 examples from Zontec customers of how Synergy has aided them in improving their processes:
- Rapid Setup: “The fastest thing I’ve ever done was to set up 60 tables in 2 days,” said Bob Hyland of Acme Aerospace.
- Easy to Train: “Synergy is an easy program to use. It is easy to train. I haven’t seen an operator yet that didn’t learn how to use it quickly. The program is efficient and runs smoothly; it is quick and fast, and easy to understand,” commented Tim Stutzman of Oregon Freeze Dry.
- ROI: “Once we implemented Synergy, we immediately saw results. For us, a process that used to take a day was reduced to an hour and ½. Synergy easily paid for itself in a couple of weeks,” remarked Bob Hayes of Foam Design.
- Save Employee Time: “We also estimate we are saving approximately 30% of an operator’s day due to data entry…Using Synergy we have eliminated data entry errors. We are able to measure a part completely and save 30% of our time doing it,” said Ted Black of A.P. Plasman-Windsor Plant.
- Prevent Errors Before They Occur: “We are able to daily monitor critical characteristics in an effective, real-time, proactive, manner and predict if the processes or the tools are trending towards going out-of-control,” remarked Aditya Deshpande of Cumberland Plastics.
- Test Out New Products: “The packaging engineer really likes the charting features; the histograms, the standard deviation charts, the Cpk’s, etc. to make determinations about new products. He will do a test run, enter the SPC data into Synergy, and then using the graphing capability in Synergy he will test whether or not the machine is capable or not,” said Tim Stutzman of Oregon Freeze Dry.
- Manage Suppliers: “In 2012, we began to use the Web Operator and the Web Manager applications with our sister companies in China and Bulgaria as well as with our main suppliers,” remarked Fedele D’Alessandro of LMPsrl.
- Real-Time View of Data: ”Now we are running the software in real-time, receiving notifications immediately if something is out-of-control. Operators can easily read the charts and address the issue from the floor. We can even decide how the screen will look. We didn’t have that flexibility before,” commented Kim Marquis of Polymerics.
- Manage Machine Lifecycle: “We wanted to see how well the mixing equipment was working to create these new products. The data from Synergy justified that our mixing equipment was working to create these products,” said Roth Gonzales of Sahale Snacks.
- Audits: “We are able to show our customers in real-time that their product is “in control”. We bring every customer to an SPC station where they can view the data live. Without Synergy, we wouldn’t be able to do that. I use Synergy to demonstrate that our processes are in control,” commented Mike Woznicki of SPIROL International.
With the Synergy Product Suite companies of all sizes can actively improve their processes. Learn more about SPC and SPC Software now.