Factors to Consider When Calculating an ROI for SPC Software
Summary: ROI related to SPC software is more than just when the software pays for itself. You will continue to realize the benefits long after the ROI has been reached. In today’s competitive world, you need SPC software that not only saves personnel time, but also equips quality users at all levels to prevent errors, and enables you to generate new business.
July 29, 2014 | Articles, Resources
How Fast Is the Implementation?
The faster the SPC software is set up and your production line is operational, the faster you realize a return on investment (ROI).
Do Your Employees Feel Empowered to Prevent Errors Before They Occur?
When operators, managers, and engineers understand the software they can prevent errors at their point in the process. This means they can reduce:
- Customer penalties due to production delays
Can Your Employees View Real-Time SPC Data for All Locations?
- Companies need to view real-time SPC data at all locations to ensure consistency and on-time delivery.
- Corporations also require readily available real-time SPC data for regulatory or customer audits.
- If an out-of-control or out-of-specification condition occurs, are appropriate personnel notified quickly to solve the issue?
Does Your SPC Software Help You Win New Business?
- Does the SPC software provide you data to prevent a production machine from making the production process go out-of-control?
- Can you test-out new products using SPC data to determine if your existing equipment can produce the product within specification?
- Are you able to show your customers that your existing equipment will produce the new products they need within specification?
- Meeting and exceeding customer specifications will always position you for more business opportunities.